This workshop is designed for those who have an understanding and a commitment to regular and meaningful small group instruction.
Making Sure Kids Grow in Small Groups
with Gwen Blumberg, Tammy Mulligan, and Dana Murphy
October 25, 2023 | East Noble Schools| 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Is your small group instruction helping readers grow? If you want your small group instruction to be more targeted and effective, then join three current practitioners from across the country as we dive into the nitty-gritty of small group instruction and responding to students’ needs. This workshop will offer practical ways to make small group instruction more effective. You can expect tips and tools like:
- An analogy to explain how small groups are developed.
- Steps to create a small group plan to support all readers.
- How to design a data plan that helps you understand the full profile of a reader.
- Ways to identify students who need quick and frequent practice.
- Conversations with local educators to widen perspectives and strengthen understandings.
- Reflective practice experiences to guide you in tailoring the next steps for your school.
Meet the Presenters
Gwen Blumberg is a literacy leader for a K-8 district in Greater Boston. Gwen shares her passion for children’s literature by writing for a the collaborativeTeachers|Books|Readers blog.
Dana Murphy is a reading specialist outside of Chicago. She blogged at Two Writing Teachers and has served as an instructional coach and elementary teacher.